Monday, March 17, 2008

Let Them Eat Cake

I had the chance to go to Rexburg, Idaho on Saturday to watch my baby sister, Alyssa, perform at her senior vocal recital. She performed a variety of songs including a couple of Italian, French and German pieces. I knew she could sing, but wow, I was knocked out of my chair.

In addition to the performance, we went to visit the Cocoa Bean, an absolutely adorable gourmet cupcake and hot chocolate shop in downtown Rexburg. This place has been open just a few months and they are all ready about to open a shop in Idaho Falls. The owners live in Driggs and they are planning on making this place available as a franchise.

On Saturday night at 10 p.m. the only flavors still available were Grasshopper (chocolate mint), Vanilla-Vanilla, Cherry Chocolate Cheesecake, Butterfinger and Strawberry Shortcake. Being the chocolate whores that we are, Cole and I went with Grasshopper and Cherry Chocolate Cheescake. Both cupcakes were wonderful!

While I am not sure how well this place would do outside of a prominently LDS community, I still think it is a great place to hang with your girlfriends, wind down a date or take care of a serious chocolate fix.

2 comments:

The Hartle's said...

Oh man, I love cupcakes, why isnt there a cupcake store here?!

Becca said...

mmmm...sounds like my kinda place. they should for sure open a franchise here!