Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Ghoulishy Good Times

This week our ward hosted a Fall Party/Costume Parade at the ward house (don't you love how PC we are?). We started out with an easy dinner of sloppy joes and salads while everyone arrived and got settled.

Being on the committee, Cole and I got to plan and MC the entertainment aka "Minute to Win it" games. We had a couple games for the adults including Junk in the Truck and Dizzy Mummy. So glad we have good sports in our ward!




I had no idea how excited the kids would be by the games. We did Hanky Panky, Dizzy Mummy and the Paper Dragon. Even after the party, the kids were asking if they could take turn trying out the games.


Right after the games, the kids got to parade around the gym in their costumes while collecting candy from the adults. I was able to catch a few favorites for a pic. While I don't have pictures to support it, it is worth noting that the world is indeed safe...I counted no fewer than nine Buzz Lightyears ready to fly off and save the day.




At first I was bummed we didn't get to decorate cars in true Tunk or Treat fashion, boy, did I change my mind when we looked outside. Over the course of the party, it snowed an inch!

And of course, our favorite lil monkey!

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

He likes it! Hey Crew!

Now that Crew is creeping up on 7.5 months old, I decided that we really needed to take the plunge and try some rice cereal. I have avoided it for a few months now because nursing is so easy and honestly, this cloth diapering mama is not looking forward to the changes it will bring to our diaper changes. :)

That being said, we surged ahead.


Crew was already familiar with his baby spoons and bright orange bowl, as we had been letting him play with those when he started showing interest in our food at meals. He loves to suck on them and more recently is throwing them on the floor and then looking up at me expectantly to pick them up.

I mixed his cereal with a little bit of milk so it would be a recognizable flavor. As I inched in for the first bite, I decided to follow the wise advise from Hitch: I would go 90% and let him come the remaining 10%.


At first he didn't seem sure how to best work the spoon. However, after a few awkward licks, sucks and a little spill, we started to get the hang of things. Worked like a charm. He ate almost the entire serving.




Since the initial introduction, we have limited cereal feedings to about once a day. But looking at this face makes me think I should be doing them more often. This little guy really likes his eats!

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Family Pics with Veronica Reeve

I have been a admirer of Veronica's work for literally years. I stalk her blog, make note of cute outfit elements and mentally scout out visually interesting backdrops and locations.

She was such a pleasure to work with despite Crew's cold and less-than-stellar performance.

Check out a few teasers she posted on her blog today.



She also has a few more here.


Can't wait to place my order and get my wall decor on!

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Introductions

Between Crew being under the weather, family pictures and conference, we had quite the busy weekend. That being said, we did head up to Ogden to hang with the Bukeys and the Richins on Sunday afternoon.

Crew made a new friend in my older sister's dog, Ty. As you can see, Ty was the perfect gentleman until Crew decided to poke the puppy in the eye. I am surprised that Crew took to the dog so well. Cole and I are both "not animal people." Period.

Kinda feel bad for the lil guy that he will never a pup of his own but at least he will always have one of my sibling's pets to play with (my sister is always working her husband over to get a few more).


video