Sunday, March 27, 2011

Weekend Fun

After the busy-week-that-would-not-end, we were able to enjoy a work-free weekend together! Hurray! I know that everyone is busy so I don't want to complain (too much), but man, I love when the weekend comes and Cole and I can spend some time together. Even if we are just doing amazingly exciting things like...measuring the yard for a sprinkler system. :)

The yard was originally outfitted with a system of yore, but years of renters ignoring the yard made its fair share of broken, overgrowth-covered sprinkler heads and just plain sketchy plumbing.

Luckily, Cole has family in the plumbing supply biz, so we'll have some much needed guidance going into this project. On Saturday we took the first step - Drawing out the yard to scale so that the plumbing supply store can let us know exactly what we need. An hour or two in the yard reminded us just how much work needs to be done. Unless we want Crew to disappear into the hole from the old For Sale sign, we better get to planning!

We are also enjoying the fruits of our first-ever Bountiful Basket. The downtown pickup time of 7 a.m. was killer but then again, so was the produce. I can't wait to enjoy this food all week long...I'm seeing some spinach n' cheese raviolis, zucchini bread and general yumminess in our future and loving it!

Thanks to the generosity of my sister-in-law, the Jazz's less-than-amazing season and my hubby's low ball offer on Jazz Flash Seats, we enjoyed watching a baby-free Mavericks victory in style. It's amazing how much the game experience improves when you don't need binoculars to see.

As always, Cole managed to make friends with the wide arrange of characters who were sitting around us. I had trouble restraining myself from snapping pics, but lets just say the Jazz fans ranged from apostle-looking types to men with fewer teeth than my one year old. :) Such a fun date.

2 comments:

Katie C. said...

Ooh! That Bountiful Basket looks yummy!

Heather said...

It is always fun to go on dates with our spouses! It is too far and in between for me and Kurt! We are working on that now! Glad you guys got to go to the Jazz game and be so close!

You guys have done so much work on your house! I would love to see it in person on of these days! It looks beautiful!